Scroll down for an overview. Fill the form to get details.
Swagelok W Series PTFE hose is commonly used where flexibility, chemical compatibility, and exterior insulating (hot/cold) cover are desired.
- Insulated PTFE hose
- Smooth-bore, carbon black-filled PTFE core for applications that require static dissipation
- 3/8, 1/2, and 3/4 in. sizes and working pressures up to 750 psig (51.6 bar)
- Fiber braid bonded to the core with a patent-pending process supports core to reduce kinking.
- Internal insulating wrap eliminates need for external insulation in many applications.
- 304 stainless steel braid ensures hose pressure containment and protects the core from abrasion.
- Silicone cover provides smooth, non-contaminating, easy-to-clean surface and insulation from internal system fluid temperature extremes; cover is available in black, blue, red, and white.
- PTFE material complies with FDA regulation 21CFR Part 177.1550 and USP <88> Class VI.
- Commonly used where flexibility, chemical compatibility, and exterior insulating (hot/cold) cover are desired.
- Custom hose lengths and end connections available
- Options include hose covers and hose tags
- Materials—Cover: Silicone; Reinforcement: 304 SS braid; Insulation: Insulating wrap; Core support: Fiber braid; Core: Smooth-bore, carbon black-filled PTFE; Collar: 300 series SS; End connections: 316 SS
- Nominal hose sizes—3/8, 1/2, 3/4 in
- Working pressures—Up to 3000 psig (206 bar)
- Temperature range—Minus 65 to 450°F (–53 to 230°C)
- End connections—Swagelok tube fittings, Swagelok tube adapters, Male and Female NPT threads, sanitary clamps, tube butt weld, SAE 37° (JIC) female swivel, tube stubs, Male and Female Cam and Groove, VCR metal gasket face seal, female VCO O-ring face seal, ISO/BSP Tapered and parallel threads, ISO/KF Vacuum Flange, and lap joint flanges
- Testing—Every Swagelok W Series hose assembly is pressure tested with water at room temperature for 30 seconds to a requirement of no detectable leakage. Testing is performed at 500 psig (15.5 bar), or 225 psig (15.5 bar) if an end connection is rated below 500 psig (34.4 bar).
Fill the form to get three documents with detail on this type of hose. You'll receive Swagelok W Series PTFE Hose literature providing an overview, ordering information, end connections, and options such as covers, testing, and tags; PTR-2066 covering hose insulation test of Swagelok W Series PTFE hose assembly; and PTR-3125 covering surface temperature test of Swagelok C, FM, N, X, and W Series hose assemblies with and without insulation.
In a hurry or have a question? Reach us at 510-933-6200.