Introducing the Swagelok Tube Fitting Assembly Toolkit
by Jeff Hopkins, on 3/23/16 8:00 AM
It's great to have high-quality tools organized and easy to grab when you're in the field.
How handy would it be to keep your wrenches, cutter and other tools in one sturdy carrying case? Swagelok has come out with something for just that purpose: the Tube Fitting Assembly Toolkit.
It contains all the hand tools needed for the leak-tight, gaugeable, and safe installation of Swagelok tube fittings in our three most common sizes: 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch, and 1/2 inch. They're nestled in custom-cut foam, which sits in a lockable, weather-resistant, rugged case.
- Swagelok preswaging tools - For Swagelok tube fitting installations in close quarters, the Swagelok preswaging tool is a convenient accessory. We offer the pre-swaging tools so you can do some work on the bench and then take the assemblies to the field and put it all together. That can be very helpful if you are installing in tight spaces, over your head or down by your feet. To complete the installation, just follow the retightening instructions for Swagelok tube fittings.
- Tee wrench - The tee wrench provides positive backup support when installing Swagelok union tees and crosses. You can hold the fitting body firmly and precisely. The head and handle are made of stainless steel, while a cushioned vinyl grip makes it easy to handle.
- Ratchet wrench - Our ratchet wrench is specifically designed for use on Swagelok nuts for fitting installation. It's another great tool to have when you are working in close quarters. The heavy-duty construction includes a heat-treated, black oxide-plated steel handle; black-oxide plated steel jaws; plus stainless steel spring and fasteners.
- Tube cutter - The Swagelok tube cutter cuts stainless steel, soft copper, and aluminum tubing from 3/16 to 1 in. outside diameter. Knobs on the handle are spaced in 1/8-turn increments to provide easy reference when advancing the cutter wheel. With our tube cutter, you reduce the chance of flare-out and work hardening of the tube end.
- Tube deburring tool - For deburring the inside and outside diameters of 3/16-inch to 1-1/2 inch tubing. Swagelok deburring tools deburr stainless steel, steel, and hard alloy tube ends. Steel blades give it long life. It comes in a rugged, heavy-duty die-cast housing.
- Tube gripper pad - The Swagelok tube gripper pad allows you to hold tubing with a firm, secure grip while using the tube cutter or tube deburring tool.
Attached inside the case lid there's a special bonus: A scuff-resistant plastic card with instructions for the correct installation and reinstallation of Swagelok tube fittings, Swagelok tube adapters, Swagelok port connectors, and Swagelok plugs and caps.
If this toolkit seems a little familiar, that's because it is a close cousin to our Tube Fitter's Toolbox. But there are a few differences, the big one being the inclusion of hand tube benders.
- If you need the benders, get the Toolbox (ordering number MS-FSTOOLS-KIT).
- If you don't need the benders, get the Toolkit (ordering number SNC-ASSYTOOLS-468-KIT). If you already have tools and just want the case, use ordering number SNC-ASSYTOOLS-468-CASE.
Of course we're happy to sell you any of the tools and accessories individually.
- Order the Swagelok Tube Fitting Assembly Toolkit and get registration for one to our next scheduled Swagelok Tube Fitting Safety Seminar - a $99 value!
- Order the Swagelok Tube Fitter's Toolbox and get registration for one to our next scheduled Swagelok Tube Fitting Safety Seminar and Swagelok Tube Bending Seminar - a $198 value!
More articles like this: